CSA was founded on Guidance Consulting, our corporate ethos. This ethos guides strategic decision making and steers the way we run our company to we make business decisions. Our three guiding principle are long-term over short-run, maximize productivity and corporate social responsibility.
Each pillar works together to create a better environment that encourages environmental, social and economic sustainability. As a large business, we hold ourselves and our employees accountable for leaving our planet a better place.
CSA has employee-led and company sanctioned sustainability programs and initiatives that provide opportunities to lessen our carbon footprint.
Energy reduction. Finding and implementing energy-saving efficiencies in the workplace helps reduce our carbon footprint. CSA’s San Diego office is currently Energy Star Rated and we are actively looking into upgrading our other locations using the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification standard. Our current energy efficiency program includes the following initiatives:
- Motion Detection lights are installed in our San Diego office to minimize unnecessary energy usage when rooms are not in use
- CSA invests in florescent energy saving light bulbs
- CSA fax machines, printers and copiers automatically go into standby when not in use after a set period of time
- Each office has a LAN internet connection option for employees to minimize energy usage
- All printers are Energy Star Environmental Choice
- Windows are tinted to cut down on heat entering the office to reduce cooling costs
- Office bathrooms have motion-controlled paper towel and soap dispensers and sink faucets installed to cut down on excess waste
- HVAC systems at all our locations do not run during evenings, weekends, or holidays
- In our Mid-Atlantic region, we use a workshare space that is shared with other companies, minimizing our overall electrical footprint
Recycle. CSA implements a recycling plan at each CSA office.
- Paper, cans and bottles are collected daily and recycled
- Used batteries and print cartridges are recycled and/or reused
- CSA corporate cell-phones are donated to local charities for extended usage
- An e-cycler collects obsolete laptop and desktop computers, peripherals, bad cell phones and other small electronics to recycle. Some computers are donated to local charities
- All shredded paper is recycled